I know it was juniors school as I can remember clearly the classroom I was in as I sat and made this little case. It would have been my last year (so aged 10-11) before moving up to the high school. I have no idea what year it would be classed now not being with it and all.Anyway, I sat and admired the handiwork….how carefully I had cut it out and stitched around the edges and realised that I had made this almost 30 years ago. Wow. I’d not mislaid it in all those years, but had kept it like it was something precious. I guess now it is….well least to me.
And this needle case is stored in my Nan’s sewing box which was passed to my mum upon my Nan’s death and then given to me some time ago by mum. That and a little pill box are my treasured possessions that were my dear Nan’s.
As I took a picture of this for my blog I realised that I had placed it on a quilt my mum made last year and had given to me. So right there in front of me were 3 generations of craft stuff…..all of which are handmade, either by my family or another crafter.It’s wonderful that the UK is starting to embrace handmade items again and encouraging us to take up a craft or work at the ones we may already know.
I love it and I hope that in years to come this sewing box, quilt and needle case are enjoyed by the generation below me.
What a lovely thought.
3 comments:
A D O R A B L E...
Gros bisous
so awesome that you still have that needle book!
Thanks to you both for your comments. Yes, I still can't believe I have the needle case. I really am very sentimental....
Post a Comment