Sunday, 10 April 2011

Sunday Sketches

It's not been a very creative week and I really do miss being creative. It's my core, it's in my soul so when I am not able to create it just doesn't feel right.

So as I have been unable to do anything to last weeks idea, I grabbed an old painting which is still taped to my painting board and decided enough was enough and that I was going to finish it one way or another. I've been working on it on and off for a couple of months now, dabbling every now and then but not actually making any decisions on it. So here it is, finished. I am not doing anymore to it and although I am not sure what to do with it, I may use parts of it as postcards or greetings cards. I won't cut it up, but just use photographs to find an area I like. You can see the previous stage here.

Click the picture for a larger view.


Please join me at The Blue Chair Diary for the other Sunday Sketches.....a great bunch of people with wonderful ideas and art.

Have a lovely Sunday. We have sunshine where I am in the UK and it's been beautiful for the past few days, so Jim, Daisy and I may head off to Kew Gardens, providing I can find my membership card that is.

Happy Sunday everyone!

22 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

nice painting...Daniel

Marlene said...

This turned out great. I love the colors and the stitching around the edges of the bird and flowers. Have a fun day.

Marlene said...

This turned out great. I love the colors and the stitching around the edges of the bird and flowers. Have a fun day.

Deanna said...

This turned out fantastic! The colors are perfect together and I love the whimsical feel it has.

Fallingladies said...

very pretty colors, It would be great in postcards!

Heather said...

This is so soft, sweet and pretty. I love the color combos, too! have a great sunday!

TiLT said...

I love the colors...and so perfect to get me into the Spring mood :)

Shayla said...

BEAUTIFUL COLORS!!!

Morph Waffle said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Debbie said...

i love how you finished this painting! It's got a soft background but then the other flowers and bird really pop!xoxo

Kristin Dudish said...

It's beautiful as a whole and beautiful in pieces!

Enjoy your day!

xo
Kristin

Jehanne's doodles said...

oh WOW this is really fantastic. I like what you did to it and then the little stitching like lines. I looks really super.

lissa said...

it's pretty and the colors are just so wonderful.

Julia Christie said...

I just love this! Love the stitching detailing around everything and the colors are my favorites! Great job!

enjoy that sunshine!

Smiles

WrightStuff said...

I think it's really cute - like classy wrapping paper.

Joni Nickrent said...

Love the soft colors...awesome piece. Look forward to seeing what you create from an already amazing creation! Found you from your Sunday Sketches link! :)

Teri said...

It turned out so wonderful. The stitching just makes it perfect.

Christine said...

very beautiful, almost a jewel toned effect.

Sinderella's Studio said...

Sweet piece...looks like a quilt applique...the stitching looks real! Hope you had a great visit to the gardens!!!
cheers, dana

Jenn Bower said...

I am a huge admirer of your work. Love the colors and textures here. It would make a fabulous textile. Funny how some pieces come together and others take weeks or months to realize completion. I have to sleep on many pieces in order to suss out the places I am stuck on.

Unknown said...

love this...the colours are great..

GalleryJuana said...

This would make a gorgeous fabric print! On it's own, it works beautifully. Thanks for the ss visit.