Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Painting and having fun!

I am very excited. Even though I am not getting anywhere fast on the cottage (have patience) I am so very excited at other things which are going on.

I hope to have some great news to share soon with you all, but in the meantime I shall continue to paint and produce art.

I read an article in a blog recently (can't remember which one now and I've even hunted for it), and the lady in question mentioned that in order to be successful you just need to paint. Do something, even if you are not sure where it is heading, just paint, as when you do that, opportunities arise. And that is what I am doing. I find that sometimes when I come home from work I sit down with a cuppa, open my laptop up and start browsing, checking emails and the like and then I become stagnant. I waste time. I mean what did we do before the internet. So now when I come home from work, I head to my studio and carry on where I left off. And it's such a wonderful feeling. If Jim is in, every now and then he will potter on down to chat with me as I paint, or to watch me, or just give me a kiss and go back to what he was doing. And I love that so much.

Here's to lots of happy, paint filled, creative days.

Helen

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This is true of writing, too - if I would just come home and write instead of getting distracted (by reading blogs! lol) I'd have my book written by now! Happy painting!