This weeks sketch for Sunday Sketches is based on the lyrics of an Elbow song, Great Expectations. I saw them at the O2 on Monday and they were brilliant....actually better than brilliant. We had fantastic seats and they played all my favourite songs, so I was one happy bunny.
The sketches are very much a work in progress as I am still trying to work out the composition of the picture, but I thought I would share my progress so far.Helen xx

16 comments:
Never heard of Elbow, I need to get out more. Great sketch, the girls face is very well done. This will be fun to see finished.
Sounds like you enjoyed the concert! I have not heard of Elbow, either! It's fun to see your sketch, as a work in progress....very fun and whimsical!
enjoy your day!
Such a great sketch... So many fun details to look at (I agree with Marlene - this will be fun to see finished)!
xo
Kristin
they are coming along nicely, a musical inspiration.
Very nice so far. I love art that is inspired by music. I haven't heard of Elbow either. Are they a local band?
Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert so much that it has left such a strong impression on you all these years later.
Nice to get a bit of inspiration from live music! It promises to be a beauty!
Lovely sketch, love the violin playing! Going to concerts is so great!
just darling!! xo
Oh I love this - we will share it with our neighbour who is 8 and loves to play her violin! This has so much heart and motion - i can hear the music!
Wonderful! Excellent progress so far. I hope you'll show it to us finished, Helen
this is lovely and your concert sounds as though it was wonderful, yea!
Love the movement in this sketch and the girl's pose is great! Will be fun to see how she turns out!
Glad you had fun at your concert - must have my head in the sand as I have never heard of Elbow either!
Smiles
I like the composition. It makes me smile :)
Your musical theme is already looking great. I do the same thing working out my composition.
Oh this is super. She looks like she is about to jump out the page. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
Excellent sketches can't wait to see the finished piece!
cheers, dana
Post a Comment