Sunday, 11 December 2011

Sunday Sketches

Well I have made it for another Sunday Sketches - at least I am consistent with my inconsistency!

I haven't been sketching as much as I would like but I have been sketching some Christmas ideas and doodles, some for cards, some just so that I can let it flow and see what happens. Below are a couple that I did with a Christmas theme (strangely enough!).




Yesterday morning I was recovering from helping my lovely Jim out on an event he was working at. It was a long evening and I didn't get home until 3,30am but we did have lots of fun. From a mere people watching point of view, I loved seeing all the women in their different outfits and the variety of styles. And as for the shoes....wow......I think it was a contest to see who could wear the highest. But it was great and some of the men made a real effort too!

However, children don't understand a 3,30am late night and needless to say it required a lot of energy to keep going throughout the day. So I treated myself to a trip to Hobbycraft where I purchased a few goodies to make some things with.

This morning Jim has another photoshoot with a family which should be fun and then I think he wants to take a few pictures of the kids for the various relatives to send with cards - so a photography and creative filled weekend - perfect!

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and please head over to Sophia's blog to see the other Sunday Sketches pictures.

Helen

17 comments:

WrightStuff said...

Ah yes - the morning after the late night before.... I've got a Christmas party next Friday!

Love to see Rudolf and Bobby Robin today. I feel very Christmassy!

Unknown said...

Lovely!!

ANNE said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

beautiful Rudolf and Robin, sounds like a busy day ahead for you! Take care, you must be tired!

carol l mck said...

Fun sketches ~ sounds like you have some very creative family times too ~ how lovely! ~thanks, namaste, Share the Creative Journey (Carol)

Unknown said...

Great sketches....sounds like your having a very hectic time...

Tammie Lee said...

love to see your sketches.
hope you find some time to rest amongst your events.

Christine said...

Lovely Rudolph and Robin, bright colours!

Gwen said...

It is wonderful to have hand drawn images on cards...these are very sweet.
xx

Jehanne's doodles said...

Great Rudolph sketches. The upper one's expression has me smiling :)

Tracey FK said...

Great sketches and I am glad it is you facing young children after a late night.... one of the joys of a teenager is that she sleeps in a bit... or at least can take care of herself... hope you turn that Rudolph into a card... it would look great...xx

Unknown said...

Glad to have found your blog,and i love seeing people sketches, really lovely.
Heidi

Unknown said...

Beautiful Sketches!

Molly said...

i love the delicacy of the sunday sketches logo and your rudolph is adorably festive!

Heather said...

LOVE LOVE love your Rudolph! xo

Morph Waffle said...

Oh my gosh, I bet you were tired! Cute drawings!

Victoria said...

Super gorgeous...your work is so enchanting..beautiful!
Enjoy your photoshoot..sound fun!
Victoria