Friday, 4 November 2011

Making changes


These last few months have been very up and down for me for various reasons. I guess with highs come the lows and sometimes I wonder why whatever you want becomes so difficult to achieve. I've wanted to bury my head in the sand, or migrate to a sunny, stressfree place where I can relax and have a 6 month holiday.

I wonder how other people cope with the constant day to day challenges of fitting everything in and still feeling like they have time to do little things for themselves. They say that getting what you want can be hard, but worth it in the end and I am really looking forward to that.

I am seeing some light at the end of the very long and dark tunnel and this week I have taken pro-active action to sort areas out in my life that were long over due attention. And it feels so very good. Taking control is empowering and wonderful and safe to say I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I am hoping that when the stress that has been hovering over me like a little black cloud completely disappears that I will have more energy to focus on my creative side. And I am not kidding myself that I won't ever get little black clouds again as life is full of them, but it would be nice not to have some for a while.

And to add to my feelings of happiness at making life changes, I am off to the Lake District today to attend as a guest and assistant to the official photographer (aka Jim) of one of my oldest friends wedding. Catherine has been with Pete for over 22 years and tomorrow they finally tie the knot. I am beyond excited for them.

I hope you all have a fab weekend and that whatever you do brings joy and happiness to your life!

Helen

1 comment:

claire said...

I was only thinking this morning that the change in weather and my mood might be the same. I actually thought I'll get on top of it all in the Springtime! So i know what you mean! Hope the wedding has helped lift your spirits.