Friday, 22 July 2011

The storm continues

The transition continues and I am still looking at the sky and watching it evolve....just like the real skies when a storm is brewing.

This is how it looked before I went to bed the previous night as I had another little dabble.


And I digress to show you my paintbrush. As I was using it I realised that I have had this brush for as long as I have painted using acrylics.....and that is some time. Looking after your brushes pays off I say and I love the feel of it right now...not new at all - like a trusty friend!

Anyway, back to the painting. It's coming along and but it's not quite there yet. When it is I shall know!


So this is as it is right now and I will have another bash soon. I need to do something to the clouds on the middle top right but I don't want them to look like they have come straight from the Simpsons....I want them a bit abstract. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Okay, well I will catch you later on and if I can, I will add this to Paint Party Friday! I haven't been able to post there much so it's good to be back!

Happy Friday to you all !!

35 comments:

Netty said...

Your painting is looking wonderful, such a fabulous scene. Happy PPF. Annette x

Geckostone said...

Oh I love the colors, turquoise is sooooooo my favorite! Reminds me of a beach in Oregon by my parent's old place! Happy PPF, Deb

Unknown said...

Your use of color is glorious- I feel like I'm sitting right there with you!
Happy PPF,
Stephanie

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

The stormy skies are amazing! Wonderful job!

Abela said...

Very good marine color and I love the perspective. Regards

WrightStuff said...

The sky is already incredible. It's got that heavy feel that rain is imminent.

Anonymous said...

oh how i love this,, beautiful!

Geri said...

Loving this WIP!

Joni Nickrent said...

Beautiful stormy skies...looks amazing! POP ART MINIS

SHERI COOK said...

Your painting is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! And I love the well worn much loved paintbrush. I have a few like that myself. Just can't be replaced can they? HAPPY PPF!

wednesday said...

Wow, you can almost feel the spray and taste the salt. I love the deep aqua color of your sky.

Anonymous said...

This is looking really fine! The sky in particular is just wonderful. I know about favorite brushes...I love them when I have them perfectly broken in.

Jenn said...

Wow - I'm in love with this - the colors are so beautiful and I feel like I'm right there!

martinealison said...

On peut tellement faire dire aux nuages ce que l'on veut... Ils ont des formes parfois qui emportent notre esprit ailleurs... Il est bon d'être dans les nuages... et les vôtres vont nous transporter là où chacun souhaitera aller...
Des bleus couleur voyage...
Gros bisous

Marlene said...

This is going to be glorious when it is done. I love the sky you have going. Be sure to show us the finished painting (please).

carol l mck said...

Really wonderful ocean scene and will glorious when done ~ thanks ^_^



New to PPF ~ come visit ~ Share the Creative Journey and A Creative Harbor ~ thanx ~ Carol (artmusedog)

Anonymous said...

I love how this looks so far - it is very atmospheric, like there is a great big storm brewing.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your painting is coming along very well. Love your skies! Valerie

EVA said...

Gorgeous painting so far Helen! Wow! Love the intensity!

GlorV1 said...

It's looking really good Helen. Love the color and the skies stormy looking weather. Really very nice. I look forward to seeing the end result. Have a great weekend.

Nicola said...

Wow I really love the atmosphere you have created with the sky! It reminds me of an oil painting really love the colours!!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Julie said...

Ooh, I'm liking this! Great texture, and very moody. Nice! Julie

gma said...

Love your trusted paint brush and the storm brewing!

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Okay, you've inspired me to take better care of my brushes... I'm constantly needing to replace them! Can't wait to see what emerges from this painting! Happy PPF!

peggy gatto said...

This is awesome!!!
What an eye you have!!!
thanks for coming by and maybe my chair could be on your gorgeous beach!!!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Such a beautiful start! I love the texture on the ground...looking forward to seeing it when it is finished. So pretty!

Unknown said...

Oh your painting is going to be beautiful. It has so much energy, Please make sure you post the final result!!

Crystal said...

Love this! There is nothing I like more than clouds...fluffy white ones, ones tinged with pink, any ones. Yours are so cool being the before the storm kind! :-)

Kristin Dudish said...

Oh Helen - the colors and textures in this are absolutely wonderful... it reminds me of spending summers in Cape Cod :)

xo
Kristin

p.s. My brushes are jealous of yours... I don't treat mine nearly as well as you treat yours ;)

Faye said...

Ooh, this is so gorgeous. You really do clouds and skies well.

pluckychickenheart said...

AH! Love your clouds! I struggle with cloud painting....not sure what holds me back. Do you have any technique suggestions??

xo
Mari

Elisa said...

I love how your work is progressing.. I love those huge clouds! You can also add some distant houses perhaps. I am very excited to see your outcome!

Gerri Herbst said...

Incredible painting with so much power!Happy PPF. take care, gerri

claire said...

I love the colour of that thundery sky. I am SO dumb that i just found YOUR actual blog!

A'n'G Johnson said...

this is really stunning!