So what is this hideous looking book that deserves to be covered? Well it's somewhere I keep inspirational pictures that I love. Snippets of colour that work together and other random witterings to do with art.
I have read in various books, magazines and blogs that as well as keeping a sketchbook it's also good to keep ideas that inspire you. It's also a good way to see if I have a preference in style etc. And looking at what I have collected so far I can see a pattern of boats, harbours, houses and jettys. Hmmnnn seeing as I love the sea so much there's no surprise there then!
I have a lot of art magazines which are cluttering up the place. So I've decided that once I've read the articles, noted exhibitions and generally absorbed the magazine, I will go through, cut out the pictures that inspire me, make a note of the artist and keep it for reference. In no way do I intend to copy another artists work, but I like to look at other artists techniques and learn from them. Call it research.

I also cut out articles on how to do stuff.
Basically this 1980's scrapbook is for inspiration and tips, to see what colours I am drawn to and anything else that takes my fancy.
Do you keep a scrapbook? (and if so is it pretty looking!!)
1 comment:
good one! :D
Post a Comment