Last night I went through my old canvases which had unfinished paintings on them, some I had finished and some I was just plain unsure about. And I primed over them ready for a new painting to take it's place.

Art materials cost a bomb and I couldn't see the point of keeping a painting I didn't like so I am joining the ranks of the masters as they often re-used canvases.

There's something quite meditative about applying the primer and seeing the old painting disappear. I like the textures you can get when painting over an old painting....it can make an interesting effect. The primer I use is Winsor & Newton and it gives a great key to work on. This one I got in what appears to be the continual sale at
Cass Art....THE best and cheapest shop in London for art supplies.

Now I just have to try and paint a masterpiece.
1 comment:
Thanks Sophia, I miss Sunday Sketches too and hope to get back this week. We don't have a Hobby Lobby but tehere are others that have offers!
Post a Comment