Thursday, 14 October 2010

The fourth one...

A while ago I blogged about producing 4 paintings in a month....I did achieve this (yay!) but the time after has been so busy that I haven't been able to blog about it. So here it is...

I decided to continue using the same scene and this time drew a rough outline of the buildings in pastel, in a colour similar to the colour of the pastel paper.

I then started blocking in the various colours to build up the picture.
I then started to add more details, correcting the lines, adding windows and some shadows.
This painting didn't take long, I would say an hour tops, but it was fun to do.

Looking at it now, there are things I would change, but that is what painting is all about - by doing you learn more than any video or book can teach.....

Have a great day!

Helen

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for showing the steps! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks :o)