Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Finding my way.....


My rough draft of the person in my painting

I started on my painting from Tam's Art Heart and Healing Course last night and I must say I had a lot of fun.

I've not been feeling great of late, so it did me good to try something completely different to what I normally do. I quite liked the results of part of the painting and other bits I didn't. I realised that I can learn a lot through Tam's videos but at the end of the day it boils down to my style.....what I like to paint, how I like to apply the paint and the materials I use. Tam's video's are great and are very inspirational, but I have been to too many art classes where the students are frustrated their work doesn't replicate the tutors....it never will as it is their work. And I admit I fell into a bit of that trap last night.

I will work on the painting again tonight so I thought I would post up a rough draft of the face until I can show the whole painting.

However, it was lovely forgetting the world and my troubles and just painting. Absorbing myself in my creative journey......as at the moment that is definitely what I am on. Jim was busy editing his photo's from his last event, so I let him be and went off into my haven and painted. He kept popping in to see how I was doing and I thanked him for being so wonderful, understanding my desire to paint and for being so encouraging. I thank my Higher Power every day for bringing him into my life....

5 comments:

Barbara said...

It's a beautiful start! And what a great partner to be so encouraging and supportive - it took a little adjustment, but mine is there, too, thank goodness! I can't wait to see your finished piece.

Diana said...

What a lovely face. I hope to see the finish piece. My hubby calls me from downstairs to my art studio upstairs on the webcam. He's so goofy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Barbara and Diana....I am so fortunate to have a supportive partner...it makes all the difference.

:o)

Kelly Berkey said...

wonderful face helen, keep painting. yes, it's good when you are learning skill but can find your own style. my hubby pops in too, scares the dickens out of me sometimes!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kelly :o)