I really enjoyed trying something so completely different from what I normally do. It’s strange for me to add collage and especially for that collage to have a meaning. Usually when I paint or draw, the subject has a different meaning as maybe I have visited the place or I’ve created the still life. But in this instance this picture just came from within. No person to copy, no real idea of what will happen....I just let it unfold.
I didn’t like my initial background so I re-did it, but all in all I think it came out well. By the way, this last sentence is a huge shift for me.....I normally put my art down, or say it’s not good enough, but you know what, this came from me.... it is just so.
I am going through a change in my life right now and the words in the painting ‘do not be afraid to follow your dreams’ is to remind me that I mustn’t give up. The word courage is what I feel I need. And as for the bird and hearts.....I need to let my heart lead me and be free.
Thank you Tam for helping me, and what appears to be over a thousand others, take this journey.
Thursday, 28 October 2010
Follow your dreams....
I had another bash at my art, heart and healing painting and this is it.
Labels:
art,
art heart and healing,
collage,
mixed media,
painting,
the journey,
willowing.ning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It turned out beautifully! Good luck with this change!!
Oh, if you want to see more pics and the story behind the tarantula on my blog, here's a post about it on my other blog:
http://barbarashallue.typepad.com/musing_in_long_hollow/2010/10/timing-my-friday-favorites.html
Thanks Barbara - I will go and have a look.
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment