Wednesday, 16 May 2012

The return of the blogger and a weight update

Wow I can't believe my last post was the 29th April - just where has the time gone.  For me it's just whizzed by and has encompassed so much.

I am going through lots of journeys at the moment and one of them is my day job.  People have been made redundant and we are going through a massive restructure.  Believe it or not I am a part qualified accountant (story as to why I am only part qualified will be shared another time) but suffice to say it's a far cry from being creative.  So by the time I get home from commuting into London, I can be pretty much done in.  Which has been the pattern of late.  So much so that I was completely and utterly exhausted and came down with a throat infection.  A week at home sleeping and because I can never get away from it at the moment, working in between sleeps, has helped me get back to normal.  It's a pattern of mine that I need to break.  I exhaust myself which in turn forces me to rest.

I have lots of other things going on right now that are taking up my creative time, and I won't bore you with them, but instead I wanted to share something positive.  I am not sure if you recall this post whereby I declared my intention to lose weight.  Well I am delighted to say that since Christmas I have lost 2 stone!!!  YUP!  28lbs of me has gone and boy am I feeling so much better.  And I have decided to be brave and share a picture that was taken of me just before Christmas.  It's hideous and really made me want to lose weight.  And when I look at it, it spurs me on to keep going.


And here is me now, taken with me being 2 stone lighter!  Look, I have a chin and a jawline! Amazing.....I knew it was in there somewhere!


I still want to lose more weight and will keep on this journey.  The good news is that I am cooking up some really tasty dishes which I promise to share.  I will be the guinea pig and if I think they are good I will share them.

Well thank you for stopping by and not giving up on me.  I am not going to beat myself up for the lack of blogging and creativity, but instead do what I can to rectify it.

Have a lovely Wednesday and I will leave you with this quote that I have just found.....enjoy xx

Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends - Anon

4 comments:

Ciara Gilmore McCleery said...

Whoop whoop!!! Go Girl!! You look FAN -TAST -IC!!! And don't beat your self up about fitting everything in...you can only do so much and sometimes you just have to prioritise!
Your blog post is a 'sign' for me...to re-embrace weightwatchers or at least their stratedy's...I lost a stone and a half last year after my buba was born and lost 1 1/2 stone, I felt brilliant! Now I've allowed 10 lbs to creep back on :0(....so I'm going to do something about it!!! Inspired by you!!
girlie....keep going!! xxx

Helen said...

Aww thanks Ciara, that means so much to me. It's hard and some days (like Monday) I ate far too many bad things, but hey, I am human. Good luck with the weight loss and thanks again for taking the time to comment, it means a lot :) xx

Unknown said...

Well done you...your stunning... :)

claire said...

Good for you! Keep well :)