Monday, 23 April 2012

St George's Day

On Saturday our local high street was closed for St George's Day celebrations and Jim was asked by the local business association to take some pictures. We were going to attend anyway and thankfully the weather was okay......a few drops of rain, but nothing compared to the last few days.

There was a procession lead by some proudly dressed gentleman (please forgive my lack of military knowledge).




My favourites, the Harley-Davidson bikers - the sound of their engines really was like music to my ears.


The Harley's were behind some wonderful old vespa's and other scooters with an amazing amount of lights. (I love the hooters on this one).


The Morris Dancers were really very brilliant and this chap turned and beamed at me as I took his photo.


The cakes were yummy.


Daisy pondered over her choice.


And chose one with a red rose with lots of cream and silver glitter.


And Ollie had fun on the teacup.



All in all it was a fab day. These are just some of the pictures I took and I am already looking forward to next years.


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.


Helen

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Un patchwork de photos magnifiques pour illustrer de doux moments.
Gros bisous

Anonymous said...

Cool shots Helen. You've become a real pro and we'll have to use some of your work on our sites. I like the style. Mr Andy Art :-)

claire said...

Looks like a good day - super photos