Sunday, 25 March 2012

Sunday Sketches

Hello and can you believe I've made it to another Sunday Sketches this week. It's only a little doodle I did using my new gouache paints (can you tell I am in love) and pen. A bit of fun. Also a bit ironic as we are having gorgeous spring weather here (no rain in sight) and I am posting this just before we head out to Kew Gardens for the afternoon.


I have had a lovely weekend so far and wishes for this weather to continue. It sure makes everyone happy and the world a brighter place.

Please head over to Sophia's blog to check out the other entries....I promise to as soon as I'm back from the afternoon outing.

Happy HAPPY Sunday and Happy Sunday Sketches.

Helen x

13 comments:

Heather said...

this is so fun...i love the way you have created the background and the assortment of colorful umbrellas!

martinealison said...

Aux Philippines les parapluies sont utilisés comme ombrelles s'il ne pleut pas...
J'aime le dessin de tous ces merveilleux parapluie qui dansent avec les couleurs.
Gros bisous à vous et bonne fin de week-end.

carol l mck said...

Delightful Helen ~ very colorful and fun! Makes you want to dance in the rain ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Christine said...

what a fun piece. It would be perfect for MMm's Creative Tuesday's April Shower's theme on Mar 27! See my sidebar for details.

WrightStuff said...

Ooh I love Kew Gardens!

Such a bright piece, but let's have a couple more days before the rain has to come again!!

Lenora said...

cheery - spring can be wet here!

Sabina said...

Ok this painting is actually making me wish for rain, if for no other reason than to a carry a cute umbrella!

Fanypap said...

Lovely! kisses.

Joni Nickrent said...

What a fun and colorful doodle...makes a rainy day sunny!

Tammie Lee said...

such a wonderfully cheerful piece.

may i ask what you love about gouache paints? I am trying to understand them.

i went to Kew Gardens once and had a wonderful time.

Tracey FK said...

I love gouache and use them a couple of times a week... the colours are just so pure and smooth aren't they... I love how you are using them in this and glad you found time for your little doodle and I am jealous that you are heading to Kew Gardens... hope you had fun...xx

Victoria said...

Totally gorgeous and uplifting..vibrant, magical and inspiring..I want to grab onto one of those dazzling umbrellas!
Beautiful!
Victoria

Unknown said...

These are just darling! I love umbrellas... they can be so darn cute like yours. :)