Sunday, 18 March 2012

Pirate Pip - Here she is!


Good Morning! It's Sunday, the sun is shining and it's Mother's Day here in the UK. Wonderful. Happy Mothers Day to you all.

Here's the finished Pirate Pip sketch. I meant to post it the other day but the last few days have been a bit busy. I am pleased with how she turned out and I had fun using my gouache paints for this.


I haven't done a Sunday Sketches entry in ages, so I hope you don't mind me popping by and adding my sketch.

Wishing you all a lovely day. We are off soon to a kiddies party, then poor Jim is pretty much working the rest of the day editing a busy week of photography. Still, being able to follow your passion makes working at weekends worthwhile.

Have a fab day and please head on over to Sophia's blog to check out the other

Helen

12 comments:

martinealison said...

Je souhaite alors une joyeuse fête des mamans à vous toutes...
Une adorable peinture que ce petit bateau de pirate...
Gros bisous

Helen said...

Thanks Martine. Happy Sunday to you x

Jehanne's doodles said...

Oh this is adroable! I love the cat :)

Heather said...

happy Mother's Day to you
this is so cute - love the waves and the cat's fishing poles!

Tammie Lee said...

Happy Mother's day~

such a fun piece!

Morph Waffle said...

So adorable, I love Pip! That dangling tennis ball is a great touch! Happy Mother's Day!

Sabina said...

This is so cute. Love the kitty's face and happy Mother's Day!

WrightStuff said...

My son and I have been watching Monty Halls - the fisherman's apprentice on TV so this reminded me of Monty and his sea-faring adventures!! Great illustration.

Alicia C said...

what swell sketches! love the boats - working on weekends is but small price to pay!

Unknown said...

Great to see you here...love the painting.. :)

Lenora said...

wonderful, light and bright and cheery! Happy Mothers day! So how did UK have March MD adn we in Canada are May?

Kristina said...

Probably the most adorable pirate in the world!