Friday, 10 June 2011

Becoming aware

Inspired by this post and this video, I made the time to paint last night. And it was as ever, wonderful. Fellow painters will know exactly what I mean. Loading the palette knife with paint and being bold on a painting that I really didn’t like, was fun and liberating. I've still a long way to go on it, but I wanted to see some texture on the painting - it was too flat. Here's a snapshot of part of it.


Experience is such as a great thing as I can now look at one of my paintings and actually work out what it is I don’t like and know how to fix it, rather than thinking ‘something’s not quite right’ but just being bogged down in the picture to actually see it. I still have a long long way to go, but I realised last night that I have learned a lot over the years.

I admire artists who produce work of an abstract nature. I especially love those paintings that you can tell exactly what it is and yet be entranced at their brush strokes and their mark makings. I will post some more about this another time.

I hope you all had a lovely evening. After painting whilst listening to Bonnie Rait, I then made dinner for me and Jim and then not long after that headed for bed.

Perfect!

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great job! Happy PPF Valerie