Friday, 4 February 2011

5/52 - A quick sketch

As it's not been much of a creative week, I decided to take a photo of a sketch in my sketch book. I did this a while ago, but I just love the fact that when I did this, I wasn't worrying about the outcome, as it was after all, just a sketch.
I have just finished reading 'The Painter of Shanghai' which is based on a true story of the painter Pan Yuliang and how she transformed her life from being a prostitute to becoming a painter and how she challenged the culture of that era with her nude self portraits.

It was a fascinating read and at the end of the book there was a quote by Henri Matisse which I completely understood. The quote is:

Another word for creativity is courage

I completely agree.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy every precious moment xx

2 comments:

Kelly Berkey said...

Hi Helen,

I love your sketch and this book sounds inspiring. I love courageous woman. Now I have three books I'm dying to read. Time to get a cracking!

have a creative and relaxing weekend, I plan on it too.

Smooches,
Kelly

martinealison said...

Très craquant ce dessin en couleur. Il vous invite chaleureusement à parcourir ce chemin jusqu'à la maison...
Bisous