Sunday, 16 January 2011

Sunday Sketches

My post for this weeks Sunday Sketches was drawn at work on a scrap bit of paper during my lunch break (so please excuse the creases and quality). I had hoped to be able to use it as a basis for a larger sketch/painting and to post that up this week, but I ran out of time. I have drawn it again, but it didn't come out very well in a photograph as the pencil was too light.

I am thinking about starting some paintings or drawings on the theme of children's stories, and this one was based on Little Red Riding Hood. Another whimsical picture....I seem to be heading this way with my art and I am just letting it take me there.
I am off to Brighton today for a children's party, but if I get time when I return, I will see if I can paint my drawing of this sketch and update this post. If not, it will follow in a day or two.

Have a great Sunday and I'm off to head over to Sophia's blog to check out the other Sunday Sketchers.

18 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

She is definitely a beauty... I love her heart button too!

I look forward to seeing her painted :)

xo
Kristin

Heather said...

One of my favorite Fairy Tale characters. She's very pretty. I like her expression...I am looking forward to seeing her colored in! - enjoy the day - xxoo

Sinderella's Studio said...

super sweet!!! I think you are going to have fun with your chosen direction!
cheers, dana

Marlene said...

She has a very sweet, innocent expression on her face and I too love the heart shaped button.

Christine said...

oh she's so pretty. Wonder how she'll look painted?

Nelly said...

I love that someone sketches on scraps at work. I will sketch on post-it notes sometimes. She is adorable. So sweet.

Reflections said...

Sweet... Love the heart button too, and the innocence she expresses. Well done.

WrightStuff said...

I love the button. Can't to wait to see her in a rich red flowing hood and cape.

Heather Foust said...

I love Little Red Riding Hood. She is so cute. I love her. I can't wait to see her painted.

Julia Christie said...

Cant wait to see how she looks with color added - pretty impressive for a sketch at work - she's adorable! Have a great Sunday!

Smiles

Julia Christie said...

Cant wait to see how she looks with color added - pretty impressive for a sketch at work - she's adorable! Have a great Sunday!

Smiles

Tammie Lee said...

she is lovely.
it is so fun to see artists portrayals of fairy tales, I might have to try it some day.

EVA said...

She is a beautiful Little Red Riding Hood!

What a great idea!

Shayla said...

What a lovely sketch! Her outfit is so fabbbulous

Jenny said...

Just lovely...sweet rosebud lips and heart shape button...gorgeous! :)

Nicola said...

Hello there, thank you for your visit to my blog and your kind words :0)

I really love your take on Little Red Riding hood, can't wait to see it painted! I did a painting of Little red riding hood not that long ago you can see it on the side of my blog. Like you I'm drawn into whimsical art! :0)

Lenora said...

Love her expression, her eyes. I always love to draw and to see others interpretations of Fairy Tale characters.

Anonymous said...

Wow....I am overwhelmed by all your wonderful comments....thank you sooo much :) Having all this amazing feedback is so inspiring!