Wikipedia - Wisdom is a deep understanding of people, things, events or situations, empowering the ability to choose or act to consistently produce the optimum results with a minimum of time and energy.I was chatting to a dear friend last night over tea in Starbucks before we both dashed off home and I explained a situation to her regarding my family....and it suddenly dawned on me that I may well be getting wise in my old age.
My father passed away last year and recently my mum decided to re write her will so that her ‘house was in order’. She sat myself and my older brother down and discussed her requirements and what we should do in the event of her death – not exactly the kind of discussion you ever want to have, but it really does makes sense to have these things sorted out – and my brother and I had to make some decisions which will affect us and the family. Not wanting to go into too much detail, but suffice to say I made one which pleased both my mum and brother and at the same time left me feeling pleased that it had been dealt with calmly and sensibly. A few years ago I may well have made the decision based on what I thought was best for me, or maybe because I wanted to be in control of the situation, but this time I made the decision based on what was the best overall, leaving my ego at the door.
And when I explained this to my friend, I realised that I may well becoming wise....and you know what I quite liked it. I took comfort in that especially as society always is focused on age and we worry about getting old.
Next year I turn the dreaded 40 where they say life begins.....and if it’s full of wisdom then I say bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment