Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Wednesday witterings

I have:
  • bills to pay
  • paperwork to sort out
  • ironing to do
  • a home to clean
  • a home to tidy
  • marketing to learn
  • business plans to write
  • research to do
  • a day job to catch up on
I am also playing a waiting game on something which will change my life.

I haven't felt this stressed in a long time and the worst thing of all is that I haven't been that creative other than a bit of photography here and there.

So I decided to forget all the above, pick up my pencil, find some inspiration and let it flow. Push back any guilt, take tablets for my cold and just relish this moment.

Life isn't horrible.  Life is just busy and demanding and at the moment, a bit frustrating.  But yesterday as I cleared out some old cards I found this one by Sam Toft and stuck it up above my desk.  It's done the trick and inspired me to soothe my soul with what I love.


I adore Sam Toft's work I really do...so thank you Sam for reminding me I am a creative person!

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Il est vrai que la vie nous emporte souvent loin des choses qu'on aime réellement faire... Il faut s'octroyer parfois des pincées d'égoïsme et en mettre chaque matin dans sa tasse.
Gros bisous à vous.
Très jolie oeuvre

Jess said...

It makes life have a purpose again doesn't it finding a spark of creation to enjoy amongst the drudgery?! What I really mean to say is, you'e made me want to find a new image to look at by my art table because I know how happy it'll make me, thankyou Helen! :)
Jess x x