Monday, 19 September 2011

Hello!

It's been a crazy busy week which always means my art and blogging suffer. However I did find time to go the the BP Portrait Exhibition 2011 at the National Gallery last week before the exhibition ended. Considering I walk past the Gallery every day it took me a while to make it!

This painting of George O'Dowd aka Boy George by Layla Lyons just blew me away. This photograph does not do it justice as it is far more colourful in person, and at almost 2 metres in height it really has an amazing impact. If I was Boy George, I would be over the moon with this portrait. What I loved most was seeing it up close, seeing the brush strokes and then standing back and feeling blown away by it! Very Inspirational!

I hope to have more painting time this week and an update on some works in progress.

Happy Monday.

Helen xx

2 comments:

Diana said...

Who would have known he was so multi talented. Love it. Wish I could have seen it in person.

martinealison said...

Simplement MAGNIFIQUE...
Gros bisous