Friday, 2 September 2011

Forest Garden

Here's my finished painting. It's like nothing I have painted before and I have used lots of different techniques and methods and really enjoyed the process.


I used inks, pencil, acrylic, surgical spirit and lots of water. I let the paint run, drip and splash. I had no agenda as to how I wanted the final picture to end up.....all I knew was that I wanted to be guided by instinct and that is what happened.


Anyway, here it is and it's also in time for Paint Party Friday - yay!

I will be posting more on this making of this painting soon, but in the meantime, take care and have a wonderful Friday.

Helen x x

ps - click on the picture for a larger image


29 comments:

Sunshineshelle said...

You are brave trying something like this with new techniques & it turned out GORGEOUS!! Love the greens & melting colours, Happy PPF Helen :)

Valerie-Jael said...

The painting is wonderful, has a magical feel to it! Happy PPF, Valerie

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous! Love the greens and the flowers. Well done!

Netty said...

Wonderful painting, such beautiful colours. Happy PPF, Annette x

carol l mck said...

Awesome painting ~ Love it! Great to experiment ~ Bravo to you! ~Thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

wednesday said...

Wow!!! This is so beautiful. Hooray for a successful experiment!

SHERI COOK said...

I agree...it is GORGEOUS! The colors. The softness of it. I LOVE this work! You must do more like it!!! Happy PPF!

Faye said...

Helen, your painting is beautiful. I think it would make a gorgeous scarf or maybe even a skirt. I don't know how you'd go about making an acrylic painting into a fabric.

Victoria said...

Hi Helen..so beautiful and uplitfing..this piece sings with harmony and inspiration..love the color palette! Lovely to meet you!
Victoria

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What gorgeous flowers and colors. This is a very happy painting...I really like it. I loved watching your video about it too. Happy Paint Party to you toooooo.

Unknown said...

Oh I absolutely love this. Being guided by your instincts is the only way to go. The colors are gorgeous!!

Kristin Dudish said...

Beautiful! I hope everyone is enlarging it to get the full effect :)

I love the softness of it paired with the line work... So great!

xo
Kristin

Carol said...

WOWZERS!!!!! LOVE the painting... it's so much to play with new techniques and have happy results.

Jaime Haney said...

Hi Helen! So nice to meet you through PPF :) We must be on the same wave length because I have been trying new things lately and letting the piece take me where it wants, it's so fun! Plus we both did a forest painting this time... haha

I love your painting, it's beautiful and the drips turned out wonderfully. Great techniques!

xx Jaime

WrightStuff said...

Yay! It's a bit like mine... loosely... Love all the bright feeling you get from bright flowers :)

Theresa said...

I just love this! I have a link up going on at my other blog. Come link up if you like & share it with others too at DearCreatives.com
Happy PPF! Theresa

Joni Nickrent said...

Your painting is absolutely beautiful...the techniques have all come together in an awesome creation and wonderful color palette! Keep on keeping on...you're definitely on a journey of wonderful! Happy PPF!POP ART MINIS

Nicola said...

Lovely!!! What a fabulous piece I really love all the new things you have tried with this!!!Great colour choice too!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely - I love the sharpness of the flowers in contrast with the looseness of the background.

Christine said...

I love the colours in your forest garden, nice work!

Rosie Kaplan said...

This is great. I love the subtle business of the back ground with the strong, solid flowers in front.

Geckostone said...

Wow, you were guided alright, this is spectacular!!!! I love it!!! Deb

GlorV1 said...

Love it! The greens and yellows are wonderful. Very nice. Thx for sharing. Have a great weekend.

Elisa said...

how wonderful Helen. I am looking forward on seeing how you did it. Love how beautiful it is.. good to hang on the wall:)

Carrie Martinez said...

This is so beautiful! I love the blend of colors and textures. Great work and lovely blog...I

Helen said...

Wow, thank you all for such lovely positive comments...they mean so much to me.

Thank you <3 xx

Karen Isaacson said...

Nice work! I love that the contrast of the crisp, outlined flowers and the swirly drippy background.

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love this. I think the colors you used look so good together. Gorgeousness!! :)

EVA said...

Wonderful!! Really loved the zoomed in version as I enlarged it - great detail, colours and techniques!