My old railway cottage has been calling me as I needed to get her pretty again. The previous owners lived there for some thirty years and raised their family in the house and even though it was decorated very badly when I first viewed it some four and a half years ago, I could feel the love and warmth in the house.
Now here I am some time later only just getting round to the bathroom and my bedroom. Other rooms have been done and when it’s all finished I will take some proper photographs for you all to see.
The hardest part in buying an old cottage where when it was first built in the 1800’s the water was lugged from a well….is that all the walls are bumpy, crumbling in places and not at all straight. It makes things so much harder. Not helped by the fact that the previous owner just painted and papered over existing layers making it a hard job to strip back.
Anyway, lovely Jim has worked so hard and together we are getting there. Here are some pictures of our week at work and we still have a long way to go……
Hope you are all well and I promise to catch up and visit your blogs soon xx

The cat getting stuck in next doors garden!

The previous owners attempt at hiding his drilling - thank god this wallpaper will be a thing of the past!

The view from the bedroom

Taking a break to make a fuss of the moggy!

Home and having a FAB ice lolly - note the big bite is Jim, the more dainty bite on the right is mine :o)

After a long day my rheumatoid arthritis played up a lot and I was in a lot of pain for a couple of days.

A trip to the dump was called for!

Roses just in bloom (I dropped my phone just after taking this picture!!)

Lots and lots of washing to do

Mmmmnn cheesecake after a long day.

Morning rush hour traffic on the lovely M25

A well deserved break

Too much ooomph from Jim (man he doesn't know his own strength!) :o)

Lovely Jim during all the sanding of the hideous walls

The cat hiding in the sunshine

More washing

Me painting

That chocolate tub makes an excellent paint can holder!

The wallpaper from HELL! It was superglued on!!!

Back on the M25 to see the most beautiful sun burst through the clouds
1 comment:
Wow, you really have been busy. The nicest pic was, of course, the choclate bites....seriously, looks like a lot of hardwork, but I am sure it will be a jewel when it is done! Take care! Hugs, Valerie
Post a Comment