Sunday, 20 March 2011

Sunday Sketches


I haven't had that much time to be creative this week......actually lets rephrase that, I've been feeling so tired and a bit sick, that I haven't wanted to be creative, but instead I've taken myself to bed quite early most nights. Sleep has been what I have needed this week.

However, I made this little whimsical sketch in the hope to try out some new ideas and see what happens. It's halfway through as a sketch and I will put some colour on it, have a play about and may even use it as a basis for a painting at a later date.

Just putting pencil to paper, letting the pencil find it's own way and enjoying the process gratifies my soul.

Please join me in checking out the other Sunday Sketches hosted by Sophia as it's a great community of talented artists.

Have a sunshine Sunday xx

24 comments:

jywheeler said...

What a sweet little face...I hope you feel better soon.

Heather said...

I agree, a very sweet face. She will be beautiful when you finish her. Feel better! xo

Deanna said...

Helen, she's off to a wonderful start and I agree with Heather, I think she will be absolutely beautiful once she is finished. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Marlene said...

Feel better soon. She is very beautiful with gorgeous eyes, she will be even prettier with a touch of color.

Sinderella's Studio said...

Great start - your pencil was definitely gliding across the paper - she will be wonderful when done. Feel better.
cheers, dana

Gumnut said...

Hey, any pencil to paper is an achievement. Hope you feel better soon. I know how frustrating it is to want to do art, but being too tired or ill to do it :hugs::

Hopefully it will pass soon and you can hit the art stuff with a vengeance.

Nutty
(sleep is an inconvenience)

Christine said...

hope you feel better soon, good start on your sketch though, she's sweet.

Debbie said...

I hope you feel better soon! Great sketch, i love her eyes!.xoxo

Tammie Lee said...

Hi Helen,
I hope you are feeling better. I agree, it can be such a good feeling to simply take pencil to paper... and see what happens. She looks lovely.

EVA said...

A beautiful sketch, Helen!

Hope that sleep worked its magic and that are you are feeling better!

WrightStuff said...

Sounds like you've been a member of my club this week Helen - the "man I feel rough, I'm going to bed early AGAIN" club!!

Unknown said...

Hi Helen!!! I love this sketch...she looks beautiful!!! I hope you feel all better soon!!!!

Lenora said...

I think she would be great coloured! More great eyes and mouths here!

Heather Foust said...

Awww We all have those kinds of weeks. I hope you feel better soon. Your girl sketch is very sweet. What a pretty face.

martinealison said...

Très joli croquis avec un visage aux beaux yeux...
Bisous

Unknown said...

Hi Helen, great sketch, love her face.. sorry you haven't been feeling very well...

Morph Waffle said...

she's very pretty! Feel better:)

Linda E. Pruitt said...

So sorry you have not been feeling well! Can't wait to hear that you are better and see how this turns out!

Teri said...

Looks like a great start. Hope you are feeling better soon.

KateHolloman said...

Looks very sweet!:) And I also hope that you will feel better!

(check out my SS! http://katehollart.blogspot.com)

Jehanne's doodles said...

What a wonderful sketch! I hope the blahs leave soon :)

Kristin Dudish said...

Hi Helen,

I hope you are having a sunshine Sunday too & that you are feeling better!

This is a great start - I can't wait to see her with some color! :)

xo
Kristin

p.s. I love how you photograph your sketches (I'll have to give that a try sometime... I always just scan them in)

Reflections said...

Your sketch is wonderful... looks on its way to becoming a very sweet piece.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hannah said...

She looks lovely :)