Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Colourful cottages

Last night I decided to play about with a drawing I did in my sketchbook a while ago and have a bit of fun.

I am loving trying out different techniques and materials and creating stuff which is not my normal type of painting. So here is a picture where I had a little play about with quirky shaped buildings and used inktense pencils.

There is something refreshing and invigorating not worrying about the end result and just thinking 'if it doesn't work out it's only a piece of paper'. I have heard those words many times in the past, but for some reason now, I truly get it.

It's great to be back being creative again.

2 comments:

Jodi Ulschmid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi Ulschmid said...

Very fun!!! Also like "it's only a piece of paper" attitude. I needed to think that way more often and not focus on the end result so much. :)

Oops. Messed up on the first comment. Ha!